Unfucking Your Environment
Your environment contains an absurd amount of power.
Control it or it will control you.
First, understand that “environment” is NOT limited to where you live.
There’s so, so much more that feeds into your environment.
The people you surround yourself, content you consume, and how you spend your time are all part of this.
Here’s how to grab the reins and take control of your environment.
1. Ruthlessly curate the relationships in your life. If you feel someone is holding you back, talk to them. If nothing changes, cut ties. Brutal, but necessary.
2. There is nothing pinning you to where you are other than logistics. Depending on how much logistical hell you’re willing to wade through, you can change your environment in the blink of an eye. If you’re stuck because of your financial situation, become financially ruthless and devote every spare cent towards buying your ability to get the fuck outta dodge.
3. If you’re reading this, I’m going to assume you spend a decent amount of time consuming shit on the internet. Ruthlessly curate your consumption as well. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc…these are all digital environments. Rather than blindly follow, fill your feeds with people who inspire, challenge, and push you. Delete, block, and avoid the rest.
4. Read books. Again, your mind is an environment in its own right. Read books which challenge you, make you think, and force you to audit your own way of thinking.
5. Recognize in most cases, there is no perfect environment out there waiting for you. Rather, you must take it upon yourself to build your ideal one. This is work, and it will take time.
That’s enough for now, and plenty for you to roll with.
As for the price of NOT controlling your environment?
An existence which tears you apart and eats you up.
I say this because I’ve been there.
I’ve been “stuck” in jobs, cities, and friend/relationships that I KNEW were not for me…and did nothing about it until life forced change upon me.
I do not wish this for you.
I do not wish this for anyone.
For deeper lessons on the importance, and art of unfucking your environment(s), click the link below to slap your name on the Coffee Cartel pre-sale list:
(Note: clicking the link above will automatically add your name to the Coffee Cartel pre-sale list, take you to a clip from Rick & Morty, the greatest animated show of all time, and allow you to gain access to the Coffee Cartel launch special 24 hours before anyone else on this list or my social media channels does)